Small business copywriting
Want small business copy that’s shaken but not stirred?
Whether you’re just starting your small business or giving your website a makeover, quality content is vital.
The words on your site need to explain your business, sell your benefits, set you apart from competitors and, above all, engage your customers.
But writing your own business copy can be tough.
Either you don’t have the time, or you struggle to express how great your product or service really is.
That’s why I created my Small Business Website Copy packages, with three James Bond inspired options to choose from.
Why choose me to write copy for your small business?
- I’m one of Australia’s most experienced copywriters.
- I’m an expert at both website and SEO copywriting.
- I’ve written for big brands such as Westpac, Virgin Mobile, Telstra, IBM, Curash and Nicorette, as well as heaps of other clients.
- My clients love me, and love telling me!
- I’m reliable, approachable, trustworthy, and guarantee to meet your deadline.
What does each package include?
- Consultation: A phone briefing so that I can understand your business and objectives.
- Research: Covering your industry, competitors and trends.
- Copywriting: Clever, creative content that truly sells the features and benefits of your business and/or service up to 400 words per page.
- Search Engine Optimisation: Awesome SEO-friendly copy with a special focus on titles, meta descriptions, formatting and link sculpting.
- Tone and formatting guidelines: To help with all your future writing requirements.
- Navigation and structure advice: Ideas to help you plan your entire site.
- Two FREE rounds of revisions: Within 14 days of first draft delivery.
- Professional proofreading: Ensuring typo-free, grammatically perfect content.
Okay, what’s the catch?
“We have been so impressed with the way in which Kate has helped us through the entire process of preparing copy for our website and handbooks. Kate honed in immediately to where we needed to be and has positioned us really well in terms of local competitors. As a bonus Kate has put us in touch with some great contacts to further assist us in terms of design, photography etc. Kate is organised, helpful and does what she says she will do when she says she will do it. I have really enjoyed working with her. I will always find new ways to keep her involved in supporting my business. Thanks very much Kate…”Anita Commander
How much does the package cost?
For a quote head to my Contact page and I’ll send you everything you need to know.
If you need to add more pages to any of the above packages just contact me and we can work out a fixed price quote.
Frequently asked questions
You’re more expensive that other writers. Why?
Yep, you’re right. My services aren’t cheap. But I believe that you get what you pay for. With me you’re choosing one of Australia’s top copywriters, with an impeccable reputation, big brand experience, and an in-depth knowledge of all things SEO (If I can get my site to the Google number one spot for the term ‘copywriter’, I could do the same for your business, right?)
How can you charge less for small businesses than you do for corporates?
Large corporate clients often need more research, more meetings, more phone calls and more revisions. And all that takes extra time. Small business owners are generally more straightforward – rather than working with a committee, I’m working directly with the business owner. That makes things a lot easier and quicker!
How does the process work?
I have a standard web copywriting method I use for all my clients, big or small. It runs like this:
- First, I’ll send you a short briefing document to complete. Then we’ll have a chat on the phone or via Skype where we’ll discuss your business and objectives in detail.
- Then I’ll give you a rough draft of your copy, outlining what needs to go where for you to approve.
- Next, I’ll write a full version of all the agreed pages and email them to you as a Microsoft Word document.
- From there you have 14 days to review the document and give me your feedback so I can make any necessary revisions.
How long does it take?
Generally, I can turn around a first draft within a week of receiving your signed brief. You then have 14 days to make amends. So, all in all, we’re done in three weeks or less.
Can we meet?
Sadly, no. The price above doesn’t include any face-to-face meetings. But we can chat by phone, Skype or email.
Want to chat?
I'm Kate Toon
I’m an award-winning SEO copywriter and SEO consultant with heaps of experience. I help big brands and small businesses to produce engaging, creative, clever content. Now I’m ready to help you.