Wish you could pick an SEO consultant’s brain?
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the process of fixing your website to get the best possible results in the natural listings.
But what the heck does that mean?
Well, put simply, every website is judged by search engines on thousands of variables. The algorithms that search engines use to decide your position are unknown and change all the time. Just to make it even more difficult, every search engine uses a different method!
So how do you ensure that your site gets the search results you’re after on the top engines like Google, Yahoo! and Bing?
Why does SEO matter?
SEO is, of course, just one part of a marketing strategy but its importance is increasing due to the number of users who use Google. A strong SEO strategy can lead to:
- Increased visibility for your brand
- Improvement in overall traffic figures
- Better-quality leads
- Improved conversion rates
- Reduced cost of sales
My approach to SEO
I believe the number one goal of SEO is to ensure that all recommendations and strategies are designed to complement your existing digital strategy and business objectives. I’ll outline a number of practical, no-nonsense ideas that aim to ensure that your:
- Keyword choices are less competitive and more relevant
- Website is easily searchable and able to be indexed by search engines
- Website has content that is interesting and relevant to your target market
- Target audience chooses to click your site rather than a competitor’s in the natural listings
- Brand is widely represented within the digital space
- Online brand reputation is positive
The documentation I produce will act as a guide for all future content generation and site updates.
My SEO services
I offer the following SEO services and can tailor a bespoke plan that’s perfectly suited to your needs and budget.
1. SEO STATUS
An overview of your site’s current status against three nominated competitors. Includes various tests that check a site’s SEO performance. The document also includes a summary of results and a recommendation for targets.
2. SEO KEYWORD ANALYSIS
A document provides a detailed review of each keyword nominated (usually 10), and includes keyword difficulty and competitor strength analysis. A recommendation will be made for the top five keywords/phrases to aim for as well as a list of secondary options.
3. SEO BEST PRACTICE GUIDELINE / CHECKLIST
A comprehensive best practice guideline detailing all the core technical factors affecting the SEO friendliness of any given site. The document gives each element an importance weighting (LOW, MED, HIGH) and gives general recommended ‘fixes’ to be implemented by those responsible for development, design and content generation.
This document has taken me many years to develop and is regularly updated to include the very latest SEO thinking from leading industry experts.
The SEO guideline covers five pillars of strong SEO:
- Social Media
- Design and structure
4. SEO BEST PRACTICE GUIDELINE AND SITE AUDIT
A comprehensive audit of your existing site against all the criteria outlined in 3, so that you can understand where your site is failing from an SEO point of view. It provides detailed analysis of all SEO factors along with bespoke fixes and recommendations for your website.
5. SEO COPY REVIEW
A detailed analysis of your site content including:
- A complete element by element guide to SEO copywriting.
- Copy audit for one page of copy.
- One page of copy rewritten for SEO purposes.
- An Office Word document copy template for future content with guidelines.
Strict use of this document in the future will ensure that every page of content you generate for your site is working to help your overall SERP position.
6. SEO STRATEGY
The SEO strategy document concentrates on more ambitious strategic ideas for SEO, covering immediate actions, short-term goals and longer term planning. The document includes:
- Social Media Optimisation (SMO) tactics.
- How to use press/news sites.
- Link-building strategies.
- Link-baiting strategies.
- How to maintain brand reputation.
This document includes an SEO roadmap, which outlines what actions you need to take in the following six months in order to get the most from the recommended changes.
7. SEO COPYWRITING
I can provide comprehensive SEO-friendly copy decks for your website. These will be specially formatted to make them easy to use, whether being hard coded or pasted into a CMS. Read more about my copywriting services.
8. ADDITIONAL SEO IDEAS
Additional tasks can be undertaken to assist with your SEO project including:
- Facebook Business page setup with logo branding.
- Twitter page setup with logo branding.
- Google Places/Maps setup with logo branding.
- Monthly reporting: Provision of SERP position reports for each of your chosen keywords (up to 15).
Useful SEO articles
If you’d like to read more about how SEO works check out the links below:
“In a world filled with SEO information, it has been great to receive such concise usable SEO knowledge from such a profoundly personable professional. The proof will be in the ranking, thank you.” Top qualities: Personable , Expert , On Time.
Want to chat?
I'm Kate Toon
I’m an award-winning SEO copywriter and SEO consultant with heaps of experience. I help big brands and small businesses to produce engaging, creative, clever content. Now I’m ready to help you.