Are you struggling to plan your website?
Information architecture (often abbreviated to I.A.) is the practice of structuring information for a specific purpose. For most people this means getting someone to do a quick sitemap and hoping for the best.
But good information architecture is about more than pumping out a sitemap and a couple of wireframes, it’s about understanding how websites work, integrating best practice usability, allowing the users to find content quickly and ultimately ensure each visitor reaches the goals you’ve set.
Great information architecture = Best practice + experience
I can offer years of online experience, having built over 200 websites and created countless emails, online advertising, mobile campaigns and more.
Information architecture requires that you have to put a little thought into the structure, design, copy and user paths for your site before you just go ahead and just whack something together.
I can help you work through the key aspects of IA, which will involve:
- Identifying audience.
- Understanding audiences needs and wants.
- Planning content.
- Outlining customer journeys.
- Applying best practice in design, copy, SEO and more.
- Ensuring usability.
- Ensuring feasibility.
The benefits of employing an experienced IA are huge. It’s worth investing in the IA stage as a properly planned and structured site will save you time and money later down the track. I can help you:
- Identify gaps in your brief.
- Create a clear document /plan for your project.
- Improve team understanding (designs, copywriters, codes, end users).
- Identify responsibilities (who is doing what?).
- Improve the accuracy of your estimate, timeline and resource planning.
- Help set internal expectations.
- Improve management of change requests.
Want to chat?
I'm Kate Toon
I’m an award-winning SEO copywriter and SEO consultant with heaps of experience. I help big brands and small businesses to produce engaging, creative, clever content. Now I’m ready to help you.