I’m also a keen creative writer. You can find out about my creative antics on my other website.
The personal touch
I’m responsible for every piece of work I produce for my clients. Kate Toon Copy isn’t a large agency with hundreds of minions working behind the scenes. I’ve realised over the years that if I want to guarantee the highest quality, the only person I can trust to get it right every time is me.
I do however employ a professional proof reader and copy editor who reviews my work and makes sure it’s as good as it can be.
I’m an award-winning copywriter
It’s nice to win awards, and here are some I’ve won over the years.
- W³ Awards 2011 Gold Award Web Video – Interactive Video: The Audi A8. The ultimate. Video Script Copywriting.
- AIMIA 2011 Best Social Media, Word-of-Mouth or Viral – Highly Commended: “Samboy Win the Loot and The Ute”. Copywriting and Video Script Copywriting.
- AIMIA 2011 Finalist: Best Science Health or Environment.Live and Love Short Film Competition Website. Copywriting.
- John Caples Award 2000 – Netbank ‘Perfect Man’ Banner – Copywriting and Production.
I’ve worked in advertising for a long, long time
I began my career as a journalist, moved into publishing, and then into events. In 1997 I started working in the emerging area of digital.
My first major digital job was producing the Marks and Spencer e-commerce website, one of the first online shops in the UK. (Yes, I’m that old.)
I’ve also worked as a chatline operator, masseuse, gibbon keeper, radio DJ, music journalist and in a large retail store selling underpants.
Over the years I’ve worked as a full-time executive producer, copywriter and head of digital at various advertising agencies around the world including:
- MassMedia Studios
- Ogilvy Interactive
- RMG Connect (Now part of JWT)
- Tipping Point
- Wheel (Now part of LBi)
You can check out my full career biography to get the dates and the details.
Great clients and brands
I’ve lost count of the number of clients I’ve worked with over the years but I’ve listed some of the biggies on my clients page.
My clients like me
Although I get a lot of work via Google Natural Search, more often than not my clients come via recommendations.
I’ve worked with some awesome people, we get on well and they come back for more. Even better, they tell their friends and colleagues.
I’m pretty damn good
It’s difficult to write that you’re good at what you do without sounding arrogant (especially when you bold it and make it a sub header). I work very hard to ensure everything I produce is the best it can possibly be. I strive to ‘over deliver’, to delight my clients with the quality of my work, and to make sure they leave happy. It’s the only way I can be sure they’ll come back!
Here are some of my career highlights
Some jobs I’m particularly proud of:
- Audi – concepts, information architecture and SEO copywriting for Audi Q5 Launch.
- Austrade – SEO copywriting for Brand Australia.
- Coca-Cola – SEO copywriting for Live Positively website.
- Cochlear – case study, brochure and website copywriting for UK website.
- Commonwealth Bank – producer, information architect, concepts, SEO copywriting across site.
- E*TRADE – SEO copywriting.
- IMB – SEO trainer, SEO Consultant.
- Kmart Tyre and Auto – SEO copywriting.
- Marks and Spencer – development of their first e-commerce engine and website (still in use today)
- O2 – email strategy planner and copywriting.
- RTA – digital advisor, SEO copywriting, strategist, and information architect.
- Symantec – SEO and email copywriting for Partner Program.
- Tourism Australia – SEO trainer, SEO consultant, SEO copywriting for Media site.
- Westpac – SEO copywriting across website and promotions.
Want to have a chat?
If you need a copywriter, seo consultant or information architect, then please call me in Sydney Australia on +61 (0) 418 166 45 or contact me.
Oh, and I’d love you to connect with me on Google+- +KATE TOON